Land of the Unaltered by Leti Del Mar Interview


Land of the Unaltered (Confederation, #1)Title: Land of the Unaltered
Author: Leti Del Mar

Goodreads:

Rose comes from the capital of the Confederation of Cities where its citizens live in luxury and the greatest fashion statement of all is being Altered. People change everything about the way they look as often as they do their hairstyle but Rose is different. Her position of privilege has made her an outcast and led her to suspect that something sinister is happening to the citizens and flees the capital along with a past that imprisons her in search of a fresh start in the Land of the Unaltered.

Flynn lives in the Land of the Unaltered and hates the capitol and everything it stands for. So when a spoiled capital girl is assigned to work with him, he wants nothing to do with her and is prepared to make her life miserable. But Flynn was not prepared for someone like Rose. She doesn’t fit the mold he expected and finds himself strongly attracted to her. As she continues to surprise and outwit him, they begin to forge a bond that is tested when they discover a secret that could change everything they know about Land of the Unaltered.

Buy Links

How would you describe yourself?


As a freak.  There are so many things that make me different than everyone else around me.  I look different and I think different.  I'm not mindlessly content with everything around me and even the way I dress makes me stick out.  But honestly, I rather stick out than be like everyone else.  Even if that means they treat me like I have the plague.

Tell me about the place where you live 
I live in Civitas, the capital of the Confederation of Cities.  It is a big city where all the buildings are made of concrete, steel and glass and they all sort of look like each other.  You could say it is a nice place to live.  Everything in neat and orderly and well maintained.  The people are very sophisticated and fashionable, but the place seems too artificial to me. Lately it reminds me of a guided cage.

What was your favorite part about growing up in the Capital of the Confederation of Cities?
The abundance of books.  From what I understand, the rest of the Confederation sadly lacks in libraries and  most people don't have access to books.  I love to read and can read REALLY fast.  So I go through lots of books.  It has to be my favorite luxury about Civitas.

What was your least favorite part?

The photographers.  They are everywhere!  I can't leave my house without a mass of them trying to take my picture.  You would think that someone from my family background would get used to it.  My mother absolutely loves the attention, but I hate it and am always figuring out ways to avoid them.

How close are you and your aunt?

We are extremely close.  She is the only family member I have that truly cares about me.  We may live thousands of miles apart, but she and I have a bond that can't be broken.  We think alike and have the same opinions about a lot of things.  She is the one person I can always trust.

What is your most prized possession?

Nothing.  I can honestly say that there is nothing I own that I couldn't leave behind.  Most of my things were selected for my by other people and get switched out when they fall out of fashion.  I would happily leave every single possession behind if it meant getting out of the capital.

What were your thoughts when you first saw Flynn?

I was hopeful and nervous all at once.  My whole life, I've wanted  someone to get to know me without being influenced by my name and reputation.  With Flynn I thought the moment had finally come for someone to get to know the real me.  I was hopeful he would like me, but nervous about what it would do to me if he didn't.

Describe how you felt when you first entered The Land of the Unaltered?

Overwhelmed by the variety.  Back home, everyone is just a copy of someone else. Everything is is replica of a building that is already made.  It is city full of cookie cutter people and things.  When I got to the Land of the Unaltered, it was like nothing I was prepared for.  Everyone looked so different from each other.  Every nose, mouth and pair of eyes were unique and I could actually tell people's ages just by looking at them.  It all seemed so completely honest to me.

When did you first start to see Flynn as a friend?

I'm not sure when it happened.  Working together so closely, for so long, it just sort of grew.  He saved me once, and after that things just changed.  Slowly but surely, Flynn and his opinion mattered to me and at some point I knew that my opinion mattered to him.  Then that was it.  We became friends.



Contact Links:

Comments