Chasing Dragons: Vengeance by Barbara Farquharson Scott



ISBN-10: 1461006120
Book Rating: 4 stars
Source: Review Copy


Synopsis:
An evil king will do anything to keep his immortality. And, stalking the sleep of eighteen year old Jenabel Sanders shamelessly falls into the anything category. But he isn't the only one she dreams of. There is another. Anhanan is a dragon shape shifter who has been dead for five hundred years. But where the king wishes to keep the dragons dead, Anhanan wishes to be reborn. An uncle and two prank setting brothers will help Jenabel in a quest to search for a dragon she hears calling her. But their mission will fail without the help of Deagon Maddock, a sixteen year old boy who inherits a crumbling fortress and a treasure that consists of a ghost and an extraordinary book with an attitude. Together they form a bond that will see them through their journey where a king now angered from the rise of the dragons, hunts them to destroy what may ruin his immortal existence. And when a kidnapping takes place, not only is someone not who they seem, but vengeance is now sought for a deed over five hundred years old.


My Thoughts
Enter a world filled with dragons and loads of adventure!
This book really had me hooked and I hope to read more books from this author. The imagery and detail was wonderful and I felt like I was really there with everyone. This book was jammed pack with action and even had some romance which I loved.
 I liked Deagon because he was really a nice guy and I could sympathize with how he felt like he didn’t belong.  He has really great friends though who let him know that he isn’t alone. My favorite characters were Anhanan and Jenabel. I loved this pairing because their relationship was so sweet and you could really tell they cared for one another. I hope to see more of them in future books. 
I highly recommend this book to lovers of fantasy, dragons, or to anyone who likes romance mixed with a lot of action. Check out “Chasing Dragons: Vengeance” by Barbara Farquharson Scott you won’t be disappointed!

Comments