Interview with authors L.J. Garland & Debbie Gould








Title: Sins of the Mind (Red River Series)
Author(s): L.J. Garland & Debbie Gould
Publisher: Decadent Publishing Company

Synopsis:


Seven years ago, Abby Montgomery survived a brutal attack. Now she is ready to put her pain in the past and move on with her life. The problem is, one by one the men in her life are being viciously murdered.



The detective assigned to the case, Ethan Parker, has demons of his own to hide. As the danger gets closer to Abby, so does Ethan. But can they get past his secrets before the killer gets to them? Sometimes the sins of the mind are more depraved than the sins of the heart.



I am pleased to welcome the lovely ladies Debbie Gould and LJ Garland to Curse of the Bibliophile! Thank you so much for do visiting today!

DEBBIE GOULD : Thanks for inviting us, I’m excited.

LJ GARLAND : Yes, thanks so much for having us today!

1. What would you consider a perfect day for you as an author?

LJ GARLAND : Hmm, a perfect day as an author? I’ve already had so many working with Debbie…

DEBBIE GOULD : Awwww. She’s obviously had her morning coffee. Mine would be sitting on the beach under an umbrella, a nice cool drink, the hotties playing volleyball to one side of me, laptop open and the words just flowing.

LJ GARLAND : Well, sitting on the beach does sound nice. But I’d have to have one of those huge beach umbrellas so I wouldn’t get burned. Ooo! And a comfy beach chair. The volleyball hotties would be awesome…but I do worry they would distract me and no writing would get done. LOL

DEBBIE GOULD : Well on a day like that, my writing goal would probably 250 words maximum.

2. What sort of research (if any) did you do for this novel?

DEBBIE GOULD : We did a lot of police procedure and medical. Needed to know how far the blood would spurt, ya know.

LJ GARLAND : Oh yeah…there was a lot of blood, wasn’t there? All those poor souls getting murdered. And Ethan had to track down the killer.

DEBBIE GOULD : Or did the killer finally track Ethan down?

LJ GARLAND : Hmm…hard to say just who tracked whom.

3. Is there any character in particular that you enjoyed writing about the most?

LJ GARLAND : I would have to say that was Elliot Swanson, Attorney at Law, from our romantic suspense Sins of the Mind. He’s a self-involved nut job. LOL Which was lots of fun to write.
 

DEBBIE GOULD : I HATE him. He’s a jerk!
 

LJ GARLAND : Okay then, I think maybe he’s the character I love to hate. LOL Who is your favorite character?
 

DEBBIE GOULD : Well, Ethan of course. He’s the hot, hunky, sensitive, Alpha of the book. What’s not to love?

4. Were any of your characters or events from the book based of real life people or experiences you have had?

DEBBIE GOULD : Not for me, they were a combination of people I know. I think Laura must have met an Elliot along the way though.

LJ GARLAND : LOL Well, I think a lot of women have met an Elliot type somewhere. Those self-absorbed types seem to pop up like mushrooms…and they thrive on their own sh—

DEBBIE GOULD : Laura! PG-13 please, woman!

LJ GARLAND : I was going to say, shining dispositions.

DEBBIE GOULD : Yeah, right. Sure you were.

LJ GARLAND : No. Really, I was.

DEBBIE GOULD : (sigh) Next question, please!

5. Are there any other projects you are working on that you would like to tell us about? 

DEBBIE GOULD : We are working on the next book in the Red River Series, yup more murder, mayhem, and romance, lol.


LJ GARLAND : Yep, we’ll be torturing the next characters even more than the first. Though, I think Sins of the Mind had several unexpected twists…and the characters got banged up pretty good.

DEBBIE GOULD : We’re also working on a suspense short story for Decadent’s 1Night Stand series.

LJ GARLAND : Oh, yeah…those hottie pararescue guys.

DEBBIE GOULD : Oh, my they are sooo hot and a great bunch of guys.

6. Did any of your characters give you a difficult time while writing this book?

LJ GARLAND : Surprisingly, I don’t think so. The characters for me were so real that they just talked and I typed in whatever they said. Debbie?

DEBBIE GOULD : Elliot. Elliot was really all Laura’s creation. If you can’t tell I detest the man, lol. Maybe I know too many like him, lol. But Elliot likes to be difficult, so I’m sure this makes him happy.

LJ GARLAND : He’s just a character, Debbie. He’s not real.

DEBBIE GOULD: If you say so.

7. Cappuccino or Coffee

LJ GARLAND : Ahh! My dream question! I think I must be in Heaven. Both please. Cappuccino first followed by a nice large coffee! Mmm.

DEBBIE GOULD : Neither. And please stop encouraging her.

8. What do you like to do in your down time?

DEBBIE GOULD : Read, travel, cook. I have a huge yard and the mowing takes 5 hours, so that’s what I’m doing on my weekends. Love to go camping too.

LJ GARLAND : I have three young boys who keep me on my toes. But when I’m not corralling or home schooling them, I have tons of hobbies, including building archery equipment from scratch and creating stained glass. I have a passion for anything that goes Boom! …from fireworks to high-powered combat rifles…it’s all good. My hubby and I are both rated helicopter pilots and spent our 10th anniversary flying cross-country from east to west coast…an adventure I highly recommend.

9. Do you relate to any of your characters?

DEBBIE GOULD : All of them. They all have a tiny piece of me in them. Well, except Elliot.

LJ GARLAND : Hahaha! Nah, there’s a piece of you in Elliot, too. The piece that you want never to see the light of day!

DEBBIE GOULD: NEVER will I admit that a piece of Elliot resides in me.

- We can be tracked down at http://www.garland-and-gould.blogspot.com/ where we blog, chat about stuff, and interview other authors.
- L.J. can be caught at www.lj-garland.com and emailed at mail@lj-garland.com You can also tweet her at
@LJ_Garland1
- Debbie can be found at http://www.authordebbiegould.com/ and emailed at mountecho2006@yahoo.com.
- We love hearing from people who have enjoyed our stories!
And you can find Sins of the Mind here!

LJ GARLAND : Thank you so much for having us here today!
DEBBIE GOULD : Yes, thanks! We had an awesome time!

Comments