Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill

Meant to BeTitle: Meant To Be
Author: Lauren Morrill
Publisher:
Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Source: ARC Review Copy

Rating: 5 Stars

Synopsis:

Meant to be or not meant to be . . . that is the question.

It's one thing to fall head over heels into a puddle of hazelnut coffee, and quite another to fall for the—gasp—wrong guy. Straight-A junior Julia may be accident prone, but she's queen of following rules and being prepared. That's why she keeps a pencil sharpener in her purse and a pocket Shakespeare in her, well, pocket. And that's also why she's chosen Mark Bixford, her childhood crush, as her MTB ("meant to be").

But this spring break, Julia's rules are about to get defenestrated (SAT word: to be thrown from a window) when she's partnered with her personal nemesis, class-clown Jason, on a school trip to London. After one wild party, Julia starts receiving romantic texts . . . from an unknown number! Jason promises to help discover the identity of her mysterious new suitor if she agrees to break a few rules along the way. And thus begins a wild goose chase through London, leading Julia closer and closer to the biggest surprise of all: true love.

Because sometimes the things you least expect are the most meant to be.


Buy Links



My Thoughts
Love is not perfect, but it is Meant to Be.

Reading this book was like going on an emotional roller coaster ride. I was excited, frustrated, scared, surprised, and by the end of it I was emotionally exhausted. This story captivated my heart and really struck a chord with me.

I found a lot of myself in Julia and because of that I felt really connected to her. The journey she goes on is one that every teenager goes through at one point or another and I enjoyed seeing her grow and truly discover herself.

Not only were the characters relatable and memorable, but I found myself continually surprised at the different twists and turn s this story took.

Julia has become one of my favorite characters of all time. She is smart, responsible, kind, and has a romantic streak that I can really relate too. She does a lot of growing up in this book and I really admire her for having such courage in the face of all of the confusing new situations she gets into.

Jason is a typical teenage boy in many ways. He is irresponsible, carefree, and somewhat obnoxious, but he also has a sweet side to him. He has a lot of depth to his character and I had a lot of fun getting to see some of it. For much of the book he annoyed me almost as much as he did Julia, but as I got to know him he really surprised me.

All in all this book is a must read for all ages. It is a thought provoking and sweet contemporary read that will stick with you long after it is finished.

Comments