It is hosted by Megan Talks Book and Auntie Spinelli Reads and you can go to either of these to sign up for yourself.
The goal is to read at least one book a month featuring each of the following paranormal creatures:
January ~ Vampires
February ~ Angels/Nephilim
March ~ Fey
April ~ Demons
May ~ Aliens
June ~ Zombies
July ~ Witches and Wizards
August ~ Mermaids
September ~ Dragons
October ~ Ghosts
November ~ Werewolves/Shape-shifters
December ~ Other
The rules for this challenge are:
1. This challenge runs from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013.
2. You must have a blog to able to participate, since reviews must be added to the host linky.
3. When you sign up with the linky, please put the link to your post about joining the Paranormal Reading Challenge.
4. You're welcome to list your books beforehand or just add as you go.
5. Sign-ups are open until December 1, 2013
6. At the beginning of each month, the hosts will post a kick-start post, each month featuring a different category of paranormal creature. This post will also include a linky to include your reviews from that month.
7. Each review you link will qualify you for an entry into the monthly giveaway and if your review includes the feature paranormal creature of that month, you get a bonus entry.
8. Each book can only count for one category, even if it contains more than one paranormal creature. For example, Twilight contains both vampires and werewolves, but you can't use it for both the vampires and werewolves/shifters categories.
9. Everyone who completes the challenge will be entered into a grand prize giveaway at the end of the year.
10. If you read multiple books from one category, feel free to add them to the linkies. Don't stop at just one!
11. Books can count for other challenges.
I don't see many challenges for Manga which is sad since I LOVE manga(: That is why I was so excited to see this one going on next year!
2013 Challenge Details:
- This challenge will run from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013. You can sign up at any time.
- You do NOT need a blog to participate as long as you have a Goodreads page or somewhere that you can review the books that you have read. Nor do you have to live in the United States.
- You do NOT have to read an ARC, or books published in 2012. And all book formats are acceptable, print, digital/ebooks, etc.
- Any book counts as long as it fits into one of the 3 chosen categories: Manga (all types of comic books are acceptable), Graphic Novels, Video Game Based Novels (Such as books based off of Warhammer, World of Warcraft, HALO, Mass Effect, Dungeons and Dragons, etc).
- If you are participating in more than one challenge, books are allowed to cross over into this challenge.
- On the 15th of every month in 2013, I will make a post for the Manga/Graphic Novel/Video Game Novels Reading Challenge 2013 (M/G/V for short) so you can link your reviews. Based on participation, monthly link ups may be combined.
What Reading Challenges will you try next year?