Love and Terror in the High Andes by Kelley J. Nightrose

Written for The Romance Reviews

Title: Love and Terror in the High Andes
Author: Kelley J. Nightrose
Publisher: Breathless Press
Rating: 5 stars
Source: Review Copy

Synopsis:

Angela, a young British journalist, tags along with a scientific research team into the high Andean forests of Peru and finds herself the lone survivor after a vicious attack by bloodthirsty predators. Her only hope lies with Jason, a gorgeous wild man. Unable to communicate verbally, Angela and Jason discover that, sometimes, words are unnecessary. The most important things are best when experienced. In the midst of their desperate struggle to stay alive, Angela finds the one place she belongs, Jason's arms. But saving her could cost him everything





Buy Links

Amazon



My Thoughts

How a nightmarish encounter can lead to true love.

Freshout of school Angela is feeling pretty good about landing her first job in researchjournaling. Not only is it a great way to get noticed, but it’s in an exoticwonderland what could be better? Unfortunately she did not anticipate thehardships that hiking through the jungle would produce. Now she is stuckfollowing these scientists with no way out unless some dire emergency promptsthem to call for help. Praying for something to happen so that she could goback to her civilized home she is horrified when the first real emergencybecomes deadly. While the rest of her crew was brutally murdered Angela wassaved by a Wildman who may be more than he seems. Their only hope of survivals to depend on each other and stand their ground against the monstrous beasts that stalk their every move.

Thesetting for this story is perfectly matched since the Andean forests are bothexquisitely beautiful, but deadly to anyone who goes there. The imagery wasgreat and really helped to set the mood of the story. Her descriptions really pulled me into the story.

The way this story was set up I was constantly on the edge of my seat in terror and excitement. This story really captured my imagination and I would love to read more from this author. The only real problem I had with it is that it was too short and I would have loved to learn more about Angela and Jason.

Angela was a very realistic character and I could understand her actions in the story.I probably would have reacted the same way given the circumstances. I was happy that she found the strength to fight even when it seemed like all hope was lost it was very courageous of her.

I liked how the author wrote Jason. He does not talk much at all throughout the entire book, but through his actions and the few words he did use I was able to get to know him. Having a character use mostly body language to communicate was very interesting and I think a real success with this story.

I would recommend this to anyone interested in a thriller romance.

Comments

  1. Ooh. Sounds legit scary. But I love how Jason doesn't really talk much. I find that the romance is extra swoon-worthy when there are less words exchanged :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie, Came by from book blogs to follow you on GFC and Networked blogs. Please visit my blog and follow back. I can use more likes on facebook too please. Thanks ~Lauren
    https://www.facebook.com/uReadMoreBooks
    http://ureadmorebooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie! I just ran across this blog post. I've been wanting for a while to tell you thanks for the awesome review. I can't even put into words how good it made me feel.

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment