Out of the Ordinary by Naomi Bellina

Out of the Ordinary

Title: Out of the Ordinary
Author: Naomi Bellina
Review Rating: 4 stars
Source: Review Copy


Goodreads:
After a humiliating and frightening experience, Star has no desire to meet men-let alone team up with one-but Fate has other ideas. Trapped on a strange world, she meets Adam, who is being held against his will. When danger threatens, she discovers she has the gift of magic and is able to love again. The two return to Earth and Star learns to use and control her power with help from an enigmatic teacher.

Sensing Adam's life is in peril, Star tries to help, only to find herself involved with a shady man from his past, though Adam wants to keep her out of the danger that haunts his life. While attempting a rescue mission, she discovers an unusual ability, one that the Watchers find most interesting.

Star Lite and Adam embark on adventures that take them to a far-away planet with a mad king and sensuous pixies and to shape shifters in Las Vegas. As they come to know each other, Star and Adam realise they share desires and dreams and learn to trust, work together and follow their hearts.



 Buy Links

AmazonBarnes and Noble

 Goodreads-badge-add-plus


My Thoughts

An unforgettable journey that will leave you wanting more!

This story takes you to some amazing locales, few even out of this world with beautiful descriptions that really put you in the middle of everything. As I read this book I really fell in love with this new world as well as Star and Adam.

Star is a character that I could really identify with and she felt real to me. She was put on an emotional journey, but through it all was able to grow and really come into her own. I felt that even though there were a lot of fantastical situations in this story that much of the problems Star faced especially emotionally are shared by everyone at one point or another. She was a lot of fun to get to know and I can’t wait to read more about her in future books.

Adam was also a unique character and really grew on me. He was a complicated character that I had a great time getting to know. I really liked his determination and strength in the face of some terrible odds. He is an amazing character that I hope to see more of in the next book.

A fun and exciting start to a brand new series I couldn’t put it down!

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for this review, Katie. I'm delighted you enjoyed the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this series. Sounds like you really loved all three books! I'll have to check it out!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment