Review: The Forever Ones by Marjorie DeLuca ~ 4 stars review

The Forever Ones



Title: The Forever Ones 


Author:  Marjorie DeLuca

Source: Review Copy

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Summary:


Paige is a forever, genetically altered to stay nineteen forever and live in the secret Iduna Corp compound, a place where age reversal and immortality has been perfected. Forevers are told to live for the moment.. Be what you want to be for a while and when you get sick of it - be something else. But when her friends start disappearing Paige suspects there's a darker side to their luxurious prison. The official word is they've been kidnapped by criminals on the outside who want to use them as feeders. Feeders have a short and brutal life - kept in captivity and sucked dry of all their youth cells so the Crime Lords can enjoy eternal youth. Her friend Junius involves her in planning a daring escape from the compound so they can infiltrate the IdunaCorp organization and find out what's really happening to their missing friends. They're joined by the charismatic and musical Chale, a Keener whose attraction to Paige causes tension between her and Junius. What will they find on the outside? How has the quest for immortality changed humanity? The journey becomes so dangerous Paige is forced to push herself to the limits of her endurance and to make tough decisions about who she can trust - Junius or Chale.

My Thoughts: 

I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank Marjorie DeLuca, author of The Forever Ones, for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this book.

In this book we meet the forever ones who have been genetically altered to remain youthful and immortal and are kept within the guarded Iduna Corp compound. They have an easy life and get to do whatever they want and be as they like but the truth is not so simple and luxurious. There are grave secrets that are about to surface and throw the life of the forever ones in to chaos. Paige, a forever one steps in this matter and with the help of her friend/boyfriend Junius and Chale, towards who she feels an undeniable attraction, will try to solve the mystery. But what if you don’t know what’s lurking outside? Will you still step outside? Whom to trust? Whom to suspect? Are you lifelong beliefs just a well framed lie?

I really loved this story and liked the whole concept of the forever ones. Where there is a love triangle you’ll find me digging in it and I got that excitement here, maybe because I’m confused about guy issues too in my own life and I bet that most of you are as well. Well, the plot is well planned out and I liked Paige a lot, she is confident and kick-ass and has guy issues (Lol)! I liked Chale more, what about you, girls? The writing style of the author was new to me but I got accustomed quite well. It’s fast-paced and has some serious actions. The mystery element is breath-taking and the grave secrets are really eerie and made me anxious to know them. If you want to have a blast then go for this book guys, you’ll like it, I bet!

My Rating: Four Red Hearts



Buy links: 
View all my reviews


Comments