Book Review: Tangled Tides & Dangerous Depths by Karen Amanda Hooper !!!






Tangled Tides ( The Sea Monster Memoirs #1) by Karen Amanda Hooper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Source: Review Copy

Synopsis:

Yara Jones doesn't believe in sea monsters--until she becomes one.

When a hurricane hits her island home and she wakes up with fins, Yara finds herself tangled up in an underwater world of mysterious merfolk and secretive selkies. Both sides believe Yara can save them by fulfilling a broken promise and opening the sealed gateway to their realm, but they are battling over how it should be done. The selkies want to take her life. The merfolk want something far more precious.


Treygan, the stormy-eyed merman who turned Yara mer, will stop at nothing and sacrifice everything to protect his people--until he falls for Yara. The tides turn as Yara fights to save herself, hundreds of sea creatures, and the merman who has her heart. She could lose her soul in the process--or she might open the gateway to a love that's deeper than the oceans.



My Thoughts:


I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.
Firstly I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this book.
Well, as you all know that this book has mixed reviews and to be honest my thoughts are in a mixed state as well. If you ask me how was this book on a overall point of view then I would say ‘Fantastic’ but I didn’t like the pace at all. The first half of the book was very slow moving and so it was pretty boring but after 2/3th of the first half the story picked up a good pace and the readers got to enjoy the story full time.
There is no doubt that this is the best Mermaid book that I have ever read. The concept is great and the mystery starts to grip you from the very first when the main lead Yara all of a sudden changes to a mermaid.
The action scenes are awesome and the ‘oh so passionate’ romance won my heart. According to my opinion the characters are great and developed and my personal favourite is Treygan, he is witty yet so caring!!! Rowan’s character seemed to be mysterious as well. The different fantasy characters that we got to read about in this story made it an intriguing read.
If you wanna enjoy a read that’s something different than the same old romance novels then I would suggest this book which will capture your heart in one go but be patient for the first half as all the surprises and twists are laced through the second half of this story. Enjoy reading folks!!!




Dangerous Depths ( The Sea Monster Memoirs #2) by Karen Amanda Hooper
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Source: Review Copy

Synopsis:

Hell hath no fury like a selkie separated from his true love.

The gate to the sea creature realm is finally open. Yara wants to bask in the glow of her budding relationship with Treygan and explore Medusa’s world, but as the new leader of Rathe her powers are needed to save a sea creature she’s never met.

Rownan assumes the worst is behind him when he returns home to be reunited with his wife, Vienna, only to discover she’s gone. She traveled to the evil realm of Harte to find another gateway to Earth and was never heard from again. Rownan claimed he would go through hell to be with her, and now he must prove it.

Rownan, Yara, and Treygan will put their lives and souls at risk by traveling to the most dangerous realm of all. Love is supposed to conquer all, but no one has ever conquered Harte.



My Thoughts:


I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.
Firstly I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this book.
Whoa!!! I never thought that this book would be such a grand success. I loved it, totally loved it!!! I had some issues with the pacing in book 1 but I’m so happy to see that this book doesn’t have any such problems.
The characters have developed so much and Yara totally knocked me over, she is my favourite in book 2. My love for Rowan surpassed my love for Treygan and now he is my new male fantasy!!! He does have a caring and soft part and when his wife goes missing, he swears to even raid the hell to get her back. Well, that’s a fantasy for girls as well!!!
The dangerous waters are deeper here and all three of the main leads will have to go through their worst nightmares in reality to save their loved ones. This story has action, suspense, mystery and there is undeniable passionate chemistry between Yara and Treygan and we also get to taste the loving aspect of Rowan!!!
If you guys haven’t yet started with these books then go for it right now, what are you waiting for? I’m dying to read book 3 and just don’t know how will I wait till it’s out. Enjoy reading friends because Dangerous Depths is out now, go grab them both!!!


View all my reviews



Comments