Book Review: You Are Mine by Janeal Falor ~ 4 Stars!!!

You Are Mine by Janeal Falor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Source: Review Copy

Synopsis:

 Serena knows a few simple things. She will always be owned by a warlock. She will never have freedom. She will always do what her warlock wishes, regardless of how inane, frivolous, or cruel it is. And if she doesn’t follow the rules, she will be tarnished. Spelled to be bald, inked, and barren for the rest of her life—worth less than the shadow she casts.


Then her ownership is won by a barbarian from another country. With the uncertainty that comes from belonging to a new warlock, Serena questions if being tarnished is really worse than being owned by a barbarian, and tempts fate by breaking the rules. When he looks the other way instead of punishing her, she discovers a new world. The more she ventures into the forbidden, the more she learns of love and a freedom just out of reach. Serena longs for both. But in a society where women are only ever property, hoping for more could be deadly.

My Thoughts:

I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank Janeal Falor, author of You are Mine, for giving me this wonderful opportunity of reading and reviewing this wonderful book.

The story is really unique and fresh and totally different than the other witch/warlock based books. I really enjoyed this book a lot because of it's new and unique story line and the thought of the author behind this book.

In this story we enter a world where the women are oppressed and are practically owned by the male and treated as slaves. In this horrific world we meet Serena, a girl whose father is evil and forced her to marry a barbarian in the lust of becoming more powerful.

We share Serena's helplessness, her sufferings and the emotional turmoil that she faces and the awesome writing style of the author really did wonder in connecting the readers to the plot of the story.

The characterization is remarkable and the development of all the characters through out the story is really visible.

Though I felt some parts are totally predictable but the other parts truly surprised me and the author introduced some really great twists and turns in this story.

The romance is really sweet and the author gave the required time to the characters to develop this lovely feeling for each other and didn't rush it like most other books.

I adored Serena and her journey and hope to get the chance of reading and reviewing book 2 in this series as well. I'm really excited about it and I'm sure that ya all will love it as much as I did.

View all my reviews


Comments