Book Review: Resilient by Patricia Vanasse !!!



Title: Resilient
Author: Patricia Vanasse
Published On: August 24, 2013
Publisher: Pants On Fire Press
Source: Review Copy

   


Synopsis:

Livia has never felt like she fits in. As normal as it sounds, Livia is anything but ordinary. She can feel every emotion of every single person around her, and it’s maddening. In pursuit of some psychic quiet, she moves with her family from New York City to Whidbey Island in the lush and sleepy Pacific Northwest. But when a horseback riding accident in her new home gives her a broken leg that heals in a day, she finds that another unexplainable ability has manifested, and her life isn’t about to get any easier.



Adam has no problem fitting in and making friends. In fact, he’s the top of the school, the boy everyone knows and loves. However, people only see what he allows them to. No one knows what Adam is truly capable of. After witnessing Livia’s accident, Adam sees something intriguing in her quick recovery, something that gives him hope that he’s not alone. 

Adam is the only one whose emotions Livia can’t read. Afraid of not knowing what goes on behind his dark eyes, Livia decides to keep him at a distance. Yet the more she tries to ignore him, the more alluring he becomes, and while their personal quests for identity will inevitably bring them closer together, it is the confirmation of what they really are that threatens to tear them apart.

Resilient, told in alternating point of views, is a gripping story of survival and romance, in which two teenagers face the consequences of being anything but normal.

My Thoughts:

Rating: 3.5 Stars

I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this book.

I'm so sorry to say that I didn't got much impressed by this book. Well, I mean that I liked it but not as much as I hoped that I will. The main thing that nagged me was it's familiarity with Twilight. Girl comes in town, falls for the boy who pretends he don't like her and where in Twilight Edward couldn't read Bella's thoughts, here Livia can't read Adam's emotions and that makes him the weirdo instead of the other way around.

It would be a lie if a say that it was a copy of Twilight because there were many things that were different about it like the dangers that they faced, the powers they had and most importantly Livia or Adam is not a fragile and totally naive human who doesn't even know to stay safe and always needs the other's help but somewhere in my mind I felt a strong connection between the two stories that made me a little sad and dimmed my excitement.

Regarding the characters I would love to say that they were properly nurtured and developed and I didn't find them annoying or irritating. The first half was slow but then the story picked up it's pace and it was fun as well as thrilling to go on with it.

Over all I would like to say that this read is worth your time and you guys should try this one out and I'm definitely going to check out the other books by this author just because of her brilliant writing style and I promise that I would have read the story just because of the detailed and proper descriptive writing which helped me to connect with the characters. Grab your copy today!!!



Comments