Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Don't Look Back
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Source: Netgalley
Rating: 4 Stars

Synopsis:

Samantha is a stranger in her own life. Until the night she disappeared with her best friend, Cassie, everyone said Sam had it all-popularity, wealth, and a dream boyfriend.

Sam has resurfaced, but she has no recollection of who she was or what happened to her that night. As she tries to piece together her life from before, she realizes it's one she no longer wants any part of. The old Sam took "mean girl" to a whole new level, and it's clear she and Cassie were more like best enemies. Sam is pretty sure that losing her memories is like winning the lottery. She's getting a second chance at being a better daughter, sister, and friend, and she's falling hard for Carson Ortiz, a boy who has always looked out for her-even if the old Sam treated him like trash.

But Cassie is still missing, and the facts about what happened to her that night isn't just buried deep inside of Sam's memory-someone else knows, someone who wants to make sure Sam stays quiet. All Sam wants is the truth, and if she can unlock her clouded memories of that fateful night, she can finally move on. But what if not remembering is the only thing keeping Sam alive?

My Thoughts

There are no do overs in life, or is there.

This book is full of the wit and charm that I have come to expect from Jennifer's books, but it also has a lot of mysterious elements added. The mystery and suspense really had me guessing throughout the book. There was also a great deal of growing up from the characters in this book. I really liked the premise of this book and the idea of a second chance at life and becoming a different person is very interesting. 

Samantha was strong and interesting character. She is very human and makes human mistakes, but she is also willing to learn from them and try to turn her life around. I really admired this about her because lots of people want to be different, but it takes a strong person to really change. I also liked how she tried to be a better person even when she could have gone back to what some believed was her perfect life. 

My second favorite character was definitely Carson. He was such a great guy. Not many people would have stayed around to help someone who treated them like garbage, but he did. He is so sweet, understanding, and all around adorable. In fact I can't believe she didn't fall in love with him even with her past personality. He is the kind of guy that everyone should have around and never lets you down.

This story was one of the most fascinating ones I have read in a while. I really enjoyed seeing Sam grab hold of her fractured life and start to better herself even if  it was an uphill battle. I highly recommend this to anyone interested in a heart pounding thriller and a dash of romance.

About ""

My name is Katie and books have and always will be one of my biggest passions in life. There isn't a day that goes by where I'm not seen lost in another world of books. I am a Paranormal Junkie and am not ashamed to admit it. My Favorite Genre is Romance, especially Paranormal Romance, but I read all types of books and am never one to turn down a great story no matter what genre it comes from.

Comments