Book Review: Wail of the Banshees by Robert Poulin

Wail of the Banshees (Ghost Wars Saga #1)

Wail of the Banshees by Robert Poulin

Source: Review Copy

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Blurb: 



My name is Veronika Kane and dying, dying was just the beginning.

How was I supposed to know that getting smashed on my 21st birthday would lead me to becoming the 9th victim of a serial killer that's been stalking Philadelphia's streets for months? Now I'm a ghost and unlife is pretty scary. Reapers, wraiths, ghouls, gargoyles: all of the monsters that I thought were storybook characters are real! On top of it all, the powers that be in the ghost world want to enslave me and use me in their own diabolical plot to manipulate the people of the living world. Too bad I didn't turn out to be the kind of ghost they wanted me to be, and I'm not about to let them turn me into one of their puppets. These ghosts are responsible for my murder and the murders of eight other women.

A rebellion is coming, and the ghosts that run this place are about to find out just how big a mistake they made when they had me killed.

My name is Veronika Kane and being murdered isn't the end of my story.

Wail of the Banshees is an Urban Fantasy Novel and the first book in the exciting Ghost Wars saga which features paranormal horror and action set in living Philadelphia and the ghostly world of Limbo.

My Thoughts:

I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank Robert Poulin, author of Wail of the Banshees for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this fabulous book.

I got this book from Lovers of Paranormal Group of Goodreads under the Read to Review Scheme.

Oh my God! It’s fantastic. I really loved this story a lot. The vivid descriptions of the otherworld made the read an intriguing one. Here we meet Veronica Kane who on the night of her 21st birthday gets killed by a serial killer who is offering his killings to the great master who is totally evil. Veronica enters the otherworld which the author showed here as a ghostly form of our own living world and he accompany Veronica on her quest of finding out her killer and save her from being the slave of the evil ghosts who want to manipulate her. Not only that but she has to save the other souls alike her.

A very engaging read and every minute I just felt myself to be in a roller-coaster. The concept is cool yet spooky and the gory ghosts are pure evil who thrash and beat up the new shades (ghosts of lower caste). The action scenes are great given the fact that Veronica is a Black Belt Champion, cool huh!!! The characterization is great and I loved Frank and Wendi’s non-stop bickering and the passing of witty comments. The touch of humor made this read fascinating. Over all a great book and though I’m seriously upset about the book cover but guys you got to read it. Don’t go for the cover, grab the book and enjoy! A must read for all and I recommend it to the urban fantasy lovers specially. I would definitely like to ask the author to give me the next installment to read and review because I’m definitely going to continue this series.


View all my reviews


Comments