The Liebster Award - Q & A and Nominees


The Liebster Award - Q & A and Nominees


I was totally oblivious to the fact that bloggers can also get any award but I came to know when Keeper’s Book Reviews nominated me for this. I was totally dumbfounded on getting the news and I squealed in excitement. I know it’s important for bloggers to get their blog reach out to a huge mass of readers and that’s definitely a great troublesome work and this award and the associated work gives you the publicity you want for your blog.

It’s a great opportunity for the new bloggers to get a whole lot of new followers and make their blog an awesome place for readers to get more information about the books and have fun as well.

Thank you so much Preethi for nominating me and the other bloggers like me. Apparently, the Liebster award is a way for bloggers to nominate other bloggers, allowing them to get more publicity and hopefully, more followers as well. Though there are many different sets of rules for this award, it's set in stone that this award is for people with not that many followers.

For more information you can visit Preethi’s blog, Keeper’s Book Reviews and for detailed step by step instructions please visit LORRAINE REGULY'S LIFE.

Q & A

1.    Who is your favorite author and why?
Ans. My favourite author is Richelle Mead because I get completely attached with the characters she create and love the believable and practical plots she designs and most importantly it was her Vampire Academy series that got me interested in YA novels and since then YA is my favourite genre.
2.    Do you have a favorite blog? Which one? Why is it your favorite?
Ans. Yes, my favourite blog is Kelly’s Blog - Effortlessly Reading because of the memes she participates in. Those posts are my favourite about her blog but I like the reviews she write, those are detailed and crisp with the character analysis and favourite quotes which I can’t do because I tend to forget the favourite quotes in a full length novel and also I get so involved in the story that marking the favourite quotes just slips out of my mind. Moreover she is brutally honest with her reviews and that’s why I adore her.
3.    Where do you usually get your books from?
Ans. At first I just used to get the books from Goodreads Groups but now after I joined my blog, I get books from Netgalley, Eldelweiss and sometimes the authors or publishers also request reviews from our blog. I buy the paperback book copy of my favourite authors’ work for my physical store collection as well.
4.    If you could date any book character, who would it be?
Ans. Of course that would be Dimitri from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead because I’m into older guys and I like my man to be mature and caring instead of being a playboy.
5.    Where is the weirdest place you've found yourself reading?
Ans. While I was in an ongoing lecture class I kept on reading a vampire romance novel and my college lecturer caught me with my e-reader and seized it as well, later my mom got it back from the Principal’s office and grounded me for a month and didn’t even give me books to read. Ugh!
6.    Do you like hardcovers, paperbacks, or ebooks better?
Ans. I like paperbacks but e-books are also good to go with but hardcovers are very difficult to carry so I tend to avoid those.

7.    What is the best book you've read this year?
Ans. Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead is the best book that I read this year.
8.    Hypothetically (or not), would you rather have a Nook or a Kindle?
Ans. I prefer Kindle.
9.    Do you enjoy writing better or reading better? Why?
Ans. I enjoy reading better because I’m kind of a lazy person and writing a whole story is tiresome and the fact that I would have to create both the hero and villain at the same time, really confuses me a lot.
10.                       What's your favorite genre (don't say YA . . . be specific)?

Ans. I’m a paranormal junkie but also love fantasy, dystopian, sci-fi.

My Nominations:

My Questions(for the nominated blogs):

1.    A book character whose life you would love to live?
2.    How many books do you read in a week? Novel/Novella/Novelette, which one you love to read?
3.    What qualities make you judge a character?
4.    What do you look for in a book while deciding whether to read it or not? Do you judge a book just by its cover?
5.    Which genres do you like the most and why?
6.    Do you give a chance to self-published books or just like to stick with well-known authors?
7.    How did you develop your knack for reading? Any incident you would like to share?
8.    Do the physical feel and smell of the book makes you read it or are you comfortable with e-books as well?
9.    If you’re given a chance of assisting an author, who would it be and why?
10.           If you are given a choice between getting for free either books or your favourite dress (in case of girls)/ favourite food (in case of boys) [same money is involved for both the options] then what would you choose?

Don't worry, all you have to do is follow the pattern of my post and I think you'll get the idea of this. Nominate 10 blogs having less than 500 followers and then post the link of your nomination post on their blog, so that they know that they have been nominated for this award. Answer the questions that I asked and post 10 of your questions for your nominated blogs to answer.

Congratulations and All The Very Best

*** Don't forget to include the link of my post to your post and that's one of the most important rule of this award nomination or else your post wouldn't qualify the required norms. ***


Comments