Book Review: Branded by Abi Ketner, Missy Kalicicki !!!

Title: Branded (Sinners #1)
Authors: Abi Ketner , Missy Kalicicki 
Published On: June 28, 2013
Publisher: Self-Published
Source: Review Copy from YA Bound Tours

Synopsis:

Fifty years ago the Commander came into power and murdered all who opposed him. In his warped mind, the seven deadly sins were the downfall of society. He created the Hole where sinners are branded according to their sins and might survive a few years. At best. 
Now LUST wraps around my neck like blue fingers strangling me. I’ve been accused of a crime I didn’t commit and now the Hole is my new home. 

Darkness. Death. Violence. Pain. 

Now every day is a fight for survival. But I won’t die. I won’t let them win.

The Hole can’t keep me. The Hole can’t break me. 
I am more than my brand. I’m a fighter. 
My name is Lexi Hamilton, and this is my story.


   

MY THOUGHTS:

Rating: 3 Stars !!!

I got this book from the author as a complimentary copy, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank the author and the tour organizers fro giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this book.

Okay, so the first thing that comes to mind is that this is an average read. I can't say that I hated it because there was plenty to love and I can't say that I loved it totally because that will be a dishonest review.

So, the things I liked are the characters mainly. They were fully developed and played their part very well. Each one of them was distinct in nature and attitude and had a strong personality especially the female lead. I gave this book 3 stars just because of the lovely characters.

Okay so there is what I liked now lets move to what I didn't like. The first thing that dimmed my excitement is the story line. Well, to be honest I liked the story line but the execution of the concept wasn't up to the mark. Secondly I didn't like the pace at all. It was damn slow and that irritated me. And thirdly and most importantly the fact the annoyed me the most is the lack of suspense and surprise, well I don't know about you guys but I saw all the major twists coming and that left no room for suspense or mystery.

So as you can see there are more negative points than positive but that's entirely mine opinion so as I always say, opinions are subjective so I would encourage you guys to go for it and give it a chance. 

This post was written by: Satarupa

"I'm from Calcutta, India (the kingdom of sweets). I'm a final year college student struggling to get Bachelor of finance honors degree. I love books more than anything and like to hang out with friends, watch horror and action movies and I'm madly in love with vampires and warlocks. Other times you'll find me with a worn out calculator punching the numbers and making accounts and ledgers (study stuff). In leisure time I sit with a book or my e-reader leaving the known world behind and losing her in the new worlds which the author's create. I like to write down my thoughts and ideas regarding a story sometimes but never completed it but I'm planning to do so in future and will like to give a chance to my childhood dream of being a paranormal genre writer."
Get Free Email Updates to your Inbox!

Comments