Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout

Obsidian (Lux, #1)

Title: Obsidian
Author: Jennifer Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Source: Bought
Rating: 5 Stars


Obsidian (Lux, #1)
Synopsis:

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is



My Thoughts

Where have all the good one gone? To space!

Who would have thought an alien could be a walking hunk of man, Jennifer Armentrout did. This story had it all action, romance, book blogs, and insufferable but amazingly hot alien hunks. I loved the book blogging references in the story and definitely could relate to Katy and her crazy book reading habit lol. I also really liked that despite being out of this world, literally, that the characters were still down to earth and had their own faults and caring moments.

Katy is an intelligent and funny girl who just wanted to have a peaceful start to the school year. She is a sweet and decent girl who is really relatable. However, everyone had their kryptonite and for Katie that is Daemon. From the moment she met him he brought out the stubborn and sarcastic side of Katy that didn't back down from a challenge. Their throw downs made for some hilarious scenes between the two. I loved their spats and it was plain to see that despite all of their insists cues otherwise their was some definite heat flying between the two.

Daemon is a stubborn, rude, argumentative, jerk, but is he more than what he seems. Daemon can simultaneously make you love and hate him, it's a very strange trick. He was a complicated character and because of this very fun to get to know. Daemon could be a complete jerk, but he could also be the most caring and loyal person you ever met. He doesn't love easily, but when he does it's really and deep. Daemon is fiercely loyal to his family and friends. He is one of my absolute favorite characters and he is so easy to fall in love with or maybe Daemon is just really good at getting Katys to adore him lol.

One of my other favorite characters is Dee. She is so awesome! She is just a big ball of energy and can light up any room in an instant. Her laughter and excitement is infectious. Dee is the friend anyone would be lucky to have I love reading about her and hope to continue to see more of her in the rest of the series.

For a new series that is out of this world, check out "Obsidian"!

This post was written by:

My name is Katie and books have and always will be one of my biggest passions in life. There isn't a day that goes by where I'm not seen lost in another world of books. I am a Paranormal Junkie and am not ashamed to admit it. My Favorite Genre is Romance, especially Paranormal Romance, but I read all types of books and am never one to turn down a great story no matter what genre it comes from.
Get Free Email Updates to your Inbox!


Comments

  1. He absolutely drove me nuts in here. I wanted to strangle him most of the time. Lol. I can't bring myself to continue reading this series, however.

    Enjoy the rest of the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, Daemon is quite the complicated character in this one. I really wanted to hate him - especially during that scene in the cafeteria! - but I just knew something was up with his attitudinal problem. This series just gets better, btw ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I especially loved the fact that we get to see some of Daemons POV at the end(:

      Delete

Post a Comment