Book Review: Ashfall by Mike Mullin !!!


Title: Ashfall [Ashfall #1]
Author: Mike Mullin
Published On: October 11, 2011
Publisher:Tanglewood Press
Source: Bought

Synopsis:
Under the bubbling hot springs and geysers of Yellowstone National Park is a supervolcano. Most people don't know it's there. The caldera is so large that it can only be seen from a plane or satellite. It just could be overdue for an eruption, which would change the landscape and climate of our planet.

For Alex, being left alone for the weekend means having the freedom to play computer games and hang out with his friends without hassle from his mother. Then the Yellowstone supervolcano erupts, plunging his hometown into a nightmare of darkness, ash, and violence. Alex begins a harrowing trek to seach for his family and finds help in Darla, a travel partner he meets along the way. Together they must find the strength and skills to survive and outlast an epic disaster.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9644151-ashfall?ac=1

http://www.amazon.com/Ashfall-Trilogy-Mike-Mullin-ebook/dp/B005TJNMV6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392341415&sr=8-1&keywords=ashfallhttp://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ashfall-mike-mullin/1101373486?ean=9781933718743

My Thoughts

Rating: 5 Stars

Whoa!!! What a great book, I enjoyed every second of it. 

Here we meet Alex, a mere teenager who has a fight with his mom on daily basis but is close to his dad and has a notorious sister Rebecca. When his family plans to visit his uncle's house Alex throws a tantrum and refuses to go. Not long after his family left suddenly Alex experiences an earthquake and something crashes down the front part of his house, trapping him inside as the house caught on fire. Using his presence of mind Alex gets out and take shelter in his neighbor's house. Then after sometime the volcano eruptions start in massive scale and soon a huge area get dumped in ash as it starts falling like rain.

Alex sets on a journey to find his parents and on road he meets many evil people who tries to kill him and take his possessions away and he meets Darla too who later becomes his partner in hell and heaven and together they set out on finding Alex's family and faces so many dangers. Will they survive the ashfall? Will Alex find his family? Would starvation, cold and thirst get to them first before they accomplish their mission?

A thrilling ride really!!! I went on reading till I gulped it down in one go and quickly sat to write this review so that I can express my awe and enjoyment with you guys!!! There is kick-ass action and passionate romance but nothing erotic. The struggle that Alex went through is heart-wrenching but the author portrayed it so genuinely through his words that at times I really cried and laughed with Darla and Alex. 

The friendship and later love between them is soul-touching and there is no instant love in here rather the hardship that they faced together and the care that they had for each other brought them together. 

A very realistic story line and awesome plot which is full of twists and I'm so satisfied with my decision of reading this book because I think it somehow surpassed some of the great dystopian books out there like Divergent, oh please Divergent fans don't take any offense, I'm also A Veronica Roth fan but after reading this book now I'm a Mike Mullin fan too. So all the dystopian readers out there if you haven't read Ashfall then do it now and I swear you wouldn't be disappointed. Now off to reading the second book, can't wait for it!!!




This post was written by: Satarupa

"I'm from Calcutta, India (the kingdom of sweets). I'm a final year college student struggling to get Bachelor of finance honors degree. I love books more than anything and like to hang out with friends, watch horror and action movies and I'm madly in love with vampires and warlocks. Other times you'll find me with a worn out calculator punching the numbers and making accounts and ledgers (study stuff). In leisure time I sit with a book or my e-reader leaving the known world behind and losing her in the new worlds which the author's create. I like to write down my thoughts and ideas regarding a story sometimes but never completed it but I'm planning to do so in future and will like to give a chance to my childhood dream of being a paranormal genre writer."
Get Free Email Updates to your Inbox!

Comments

  1. I loved this book too. It seems like so many dystopians take place after everyone's already used to the way things are and are rebelling against that. I liked reading about how it happened. Hope you enjoy the second. I'm impatiently waiting for the third!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment